Powerful Quantitative Research Topics To Score Top Grades
Quantitative research refers to the process of acquiring and evaluating numerical data in the form of facts, figures, reports, statistics and the likes. This particular research avenue deals with numbers, objective stances and logic. It focuses on the essentials of numeric and unchanging data.
There are umpteenth number of quantitative research examples across the globe. However, one needs to lay stress on the principles of developing the right research topic and going about the same with precision. Coming up with the right quantitative research topics is certainly no child’s play, but it is no rocket science either.
Now that you are wondering how to come up with the next set of ideal quantitative research topics along with examples, simply invest some time in reading this blog.
Here’s everything you should know.
Read Also: Mental Illness Essay Topics
Understanding the Meaning of Quantitative Research
First things first, you should get the hang of the real meaning of quantitative research and what all elements it encompass prior to initiating the final draft. Basically, there are three primary elements encompassing the meaning and application of quantitative research.
Numbers: These are basically facts and figures based on numeric elements. For example, if you are about to research across war topics, then you should specify the year the war took place, the number of soldiers who were injured or killed during the war and the likes. Now, these revelations, at the end of the day, are nothing but numbers.
If you specify things by highlighting the real numerical figures backing the same, then it would simply enhance the overall credibility of your claims and standpoints throughout the paper and the perspectives you would put forth.
Logic: Merely showcasing numbers will not help you grab readers’ attention in the long run. All your efforts and inputs will simply go down the drain if your claims lack logic at the end of the tunnel. So, the idea is to put across logical explanations, data-driven reports and instances that are believable and rational in all aspects. Quantitative research topics need to be backed by the right logic and lucid evaluation of each fact and figure from scratch. Remember, the logic should again be based on real-life, factual instances instead of elaborating on hypothetical situation. For example, if you are talking about the Impact of Cyber Crime on the Young Minds, then you need to explain logically why exactly you think Cyber Crime has got the better of this world and what all key contributing factors might make a wrong impact on the young generation.
Objective Stance: Here, the essay writers needs to choose a side or a particular standpoint for the matter of fact. It can either be for or against the topic. For example, if you are about to work on the topic – Digitization in Education & Learning, then you need to specify and stand by a particular perspective whether you are appreciative of the phenomenon called digitization in education or the fact that you would contemplate the negative aspects and impacts of digital learning and online education. The standpoint or your stance will determine your attitude towards the research, thus, laying stress on the end goals or the primary objective of the quantitative research topics.
All said and done, let me feel safe to assume that you are now well-aware of the three essential elements that encompass the meaning and application of quantitative research. Keep referring to the same, keep these points in mind and never miss out on landing the perfecting paper in the next semester. Well, there’s more to it than what you have read and known so far.
Here's all you need to know further about quantitative research project topics.
Read Also: Informative Essay Topics
Types of Quantitative Research
Now that you are aware of the three primary elements of quantitative research paper topics, its time to get the hang of the four major quantitative research types.
Here you go!
This particular research avenue elaborates on the current status of an identified variable. This research approach is designed and developed to provide systematic information about a particular event or phenomenon. The research approaches should be lucid, in-depth and the information derived should be explanative and logical in all aspects. As the name suggests, you need to be descriptively evaluative with your research and analysis. The idea is to pick a stance, lay focus on it and conduct exhaustive research across the topic with the aim to acquire information based on the three key elements – Numbers, Logic and Objective Stance.
This is yet another major research avenue that comes under the Quantitative research wing. This approach aims to determine the extent of a relationship between multiple variables. How? Correlational research statistical data and numbers to back up certain claims and elaborate on certain ideas. This type of research avenues lay focus on or identify certain trends and data patterns. If you choose to abide by the ground rules of this research type, then you should deal with the essentialities of data relationships, patterns and distribution of variables.
This type of research attempts to establish cause and effect relationship between multiple variables with the essay help of statistical data. The research type focuses on true experiments but with a couple of key differences. The experimental identifies an independent variable but refrains from manipulating the same. This is perhaps one of the most complicated yet important research avenues when it comes to analyzing and elaborating on the essentials of quantitative research examples and types. So, it goes without saying, you need to be careful enough and cautious while carrying out a casual-comparative or quasi-experimental research down the road. Take each point of reference into consideration and jot down every notable element associated with the phenomenon in order to keep referring back to the same while drafting the final piece of analysis.
Also called true experimentation, the Experimental research approach utilizes the essentials of scientific method in order to establish cause-effect relationship among a group of certain variables related to the research study and slant. Here, independent variables are manipulated in order to determine the effects on the dependent variables.
So, you are supposed to be pay heed to each of the research type as mentioned above, consider the key elemental aspects associated with the same, bring each of the aforementioned suggestions into play and shine on!
Let’s move on to the next important segment in this context.
Read Also: Marketing Research Paper Topics
How to Develop Quantitative Research Topics?
This is perhaps the most-asked question when it comes to getting the hang of the nitty-gritty of quantitative research topics. The fact is, anybody and pick quantitative research topics and initiate the task of preparing the final draft.
But only a few could ever develop quantitative research topics in the way they are supposed to be done. Now that you too are on the same boat, wondering how to develop quantitative research topics like a pro, follow the suggestions below and never look back.
Focus on the Topic: You cannot just pick a random topic and decide to work on the same on the basis of quantitative research essentialities. The idea is to lay complete focus on the topic and determine whether the subject matter is relevant to your area of study. See if the topic isn’t overly controversial or the fact that you have to expand your analytical studies further. Re-focus on your stances and the message you wish to put forth in the concluding lines. It is only after a thorough scrutiny of facts and figures and each of the key focal element mentioned here, you should ideally proceed to pick and finalize the topic for your next set of quantitative researches.
Brainstorm: Well, there is no denying the fact that you got to brainstorm across a plethora of critical questions and possibilities before going about the final piece of writing. Unless you would sit and observe a few important aspects associated with the topic, you will not be able to develop the same in the right manner. So, the idea is to answer a few questions during the brainstorming session. Here are the questions you should try and figure out in the first place.
- Is the topic relevant to my area of study or specialization?
- Do I have an interest for the topic or am interested in exploring further research possibilities associated with the topic?
- What should be my primary standpoint and how do I plan to execute the same? ‘
- What are the key problems associated with the topic and how do I plan to resolve the same with strategic ideas and approaches?
- What quantitative elements do I have in hand at present – numbers, stats, data patterns?
Your job is to pay heed to each of the questions as mentioned above, develop a few more from your end and carry out a concrete session of solo brainstorming prior to initiating the final draft. Once you are successful in figuring out the right answers to each of these questions, you will be halfway through the hurdle.
Isn’t that amazing? I am sure it is!
Focus on the references: Now, this is again one important point to be noted when it comes to developing quantitative research topics in the right manner. You cannot go about a research topic without acquiring the right references and citing the same. So, before everything else, you need to keep an eye out for the types of references you should ideally come up with. Once decided, you should analyze the topic further and figure out how crucial it is to come up with references based on data patterns, stats, reports and numeric. The idea is to make a strong referential ground so that you can sail smooth in the matter of putting for certain claims and backing the same with just the right references in store. Having said that, you should refrain from considering references that are shady, unrealistic or irrational in nature. In addition, you are expected to pay heed to the citation essentials as well.
Remember, no work of reference is ever completed without proper citation of the facts and figures included in the same. So, you have to quite careful in this matter and choose your cards well. Make sure to cite each source of reference in accordance with the preferred citation styles such as APA, MLA, Harvard, Vancouver, Chicago and the likes.
Have a clear standpoint: Now, this is as important as anything. You should have a transparent standpoint or an objective stance. It is crucial that you develop a clear understanding of the topic and decide on the stances you would take further down the line. It can be for or against the topic or you may choose to be empathetic of the phenomenon or decide the refute the same and come up with an alternative suggestion or perspective.
To sum up, it can be anything and everything under the sun, provided you know what you are up to. This is exactly the reason why you should have a clear standpoint and ideate things accordingly. Moreover, expressing a clear point of view will only make your paper more credible and the research slants more interesting, your readers will be able to feel a sense of reliability and trust. Why will someone buy your opinion or why would the person believe in what you say,
It is always a strong standpoint that works wonders in such cases. So, make sure to conduct strong researches across all avenues and ensure a well-constructed and ideated research approach that would add up to the quantitative value of your analysis.
So, the next time you would approach assignment topics based on quantitative research avenues, make it a point to refer to the suggestions mentioned above and never miss out on making an impression of excellence on your professors.
Read Also: Definition Essay Topics
50+ Quantitative Research Topics for Your Next Semester
We know how rigorous it can be for an individual to pick and develop quantitative research topics from scratch. So, here is a list of more than 100 quantitative research topics and examples for you to refer to.
Here you go!
- The relationship between inflation and unemployment
- Is there a correlation between global warming and economic crisis?
- Job Satisfaction vs. Employee Retention Rate – Elaborate on the relationship between the two
- Mitigation Funds Allocation and Climate Adaptation – Elaborate on the relationship and between the two along with examples
- Is there a strong correlation between middle-class households and becoming startup entrepreneurs? Elaborate on the topic with relevant examples
- The relationship between daily exercise and human health. Come up with a lucid elaboration on the topic
- Can we relate digitization with economic growth? State real examples to elaborate on the same
- Establishing the importance of ethics in nursing practices. Elaborate with examples
- How to detect an attention deficit syndrome? Explain with examples
- What should be an ideal price for men’s magazine? Should it be more or less than women’s magazine?
- Is there a correlation between AI and an increasing demand for Grammar Checkers and Plagiarism Detection Tools?
- What is the image of stereotypes and how to break the same?
- Is there a correlation between economic crisis and criminal activities? Elaborate on the topic with real examples
- The impact of artificial intelligence on original content creation – Cite examples
- What methods are used in order to gauge new product launch and their feedback?
- The journey of flu viruses over the past decade – State real examples to back your claims and ideas
- How to rebuild a business from scratch and what methods and strategies would suit your approach best?
- What all factors and component encompass police brutality and bullying?
- How to detect gamble as an addiction and how to eradicate the same?
- What are the determine the key significance and importance of conducting market research?
- Health conditions of young adults and sleep disorders - Is there a correlation between the two?
- What are the key essentials of intellectual property rights? State relevant examples
- What factors trigger sexual harassment in a society? Explain with examples
- What are effective sampling techniques in market research? Elaborate on the same with examples
- What are some creative ways to present business ideas?
- Is there a relationship between pop culture and impulsive buying? Explain with examples
- When does a business required market exit strategy? State real-life examples and instances to elaborate on this topic
- Is there a safe way to control an upward STD graph in the society?
- Is there a correlation between an entrepreneur and a businessman?
- Should smoking and drinking be banned for better mental health and success?
- The effect of global warming on developing countries? State strong examples
- Are we one step closer to extinction or is the other way round?
- Can traditional modes of business execution save a company from permanent closure?
- What reasons and factors can impose copyright claims and show causes?
- Is there an ideal way to collect quantitative data? If yes, then elaborate on the same with tried and tested examples
- The society and cybercrimes – Is there a correlation between the two? If yes, then establish the same on the basis of examples and case studies
- What are the key components of sex education? Explain with examples
- Can you relate job satisfaction with a lucrative salary? Is there a correlation between the two?
- Should females below 18 years of age be allowed to make abortions?
- Is there a correlation between baby’s health and breastfeeding them at the right moment?
- Do sleep disorders impact the overall mental health and progress of a young adult?
- Will AI (Artificial Intelligence) dominate the world in the near future?
- Can Smartphones cause sleeping disorders? If yes, then elaborate on the same with examples
- Are Windows computers safer than Macs? If yes, then explain the same with examples
- How critical are self-defending networks? State real examples to elaborate on this topic further
- Is there at all a thing called healthy diet? If yes, then state real examples to support your claims
- Is screening for breast cancer helpful? If yes, then state relevant examples and elaborations to support your claims
- Is there a definite way to explore how the GPS functions? Give relevant examples
- Will humans ever start using brain chips in the future? State your case with examples
- State some unconventional research methodologies in Psychology? Explain how relevant are the same?
- Is there a correlation between Below Poverty Level people and the need for more private sector job creations?
- Is there a correlation between child nutrition and breastfeeding?
- What is the connection between retirement and debt accumulation?
- What could be the possible impact of solar electricity on the wholesale energy domain?
- The impact and role of siblings on honing social skills
- Is there a correlation between relative income and subjective wellbeing?
Choosing a random quantitative research topic is one thing and coming up with a well-developed and flawlessly constructed one is completely different. The latter demands your time, effort, understanding and in-depth analysis of facts and figures.
So, you should leave not a single stone unturned in your effort to add precision to the paper at the end of the day. In addition, you should spend enough time in going through relevant quantitative research examples as mentioned above in order to get the hang of how to approach and add perfection to the paper at the end of the day.
You can get hundreds and thousands of quantitative research ideas across the internet. But you should ideally settle for the one that will appear relevant and the fact that the topic will allow you to strike the right balance between research and quantitative elements. Simply refer to those samples and a couple of good quantitative research questions and problem topics, and never miss out on choosing the right slant or picking the right topic for your next assignment.
No matter whether you will work on quantitative research topics for your college papers or for the high-school assignments, you should ideally focus on each of the aforementioned elements and key highlighting factors. All it takes is an in-depth analysis and understanding of the crucial facets, and you are good to go!
Read Also: Entrepreneurship Research Paper Topics
Frequently Asked Questions By Student:
Q.1. How can I submit quantitative research papers on time?
Well, the trick is quite simple. All you need to do is nothing but follow the suggestions as mentioned below.
- Simply focus on the deadline of your assignment.
- Now, strategize each move and actions based on the deadline.
- If it’s a narrow deadline, then make it a point to work on at least 4-5 pages of your assignment on a regular basis.
- Never in your life ever skip a day at working on the assignment.
- Set your own deadline, at least a couple of days prior to the actual one mentioned by your institution, and meet the same by all means and aspects.
Q.2. How do I conduct quantitative research successfully?
Here’s how you can conduct quantitative research in the right manner, successfully.
- Look for strong references in the form of numbers, data, statistics and the likes.
- See if those references are good to go with based on their credibility, grounds, relevance and the likes.
- Check and confirm whether the references acquired and the to-do essentials of your quantitative research papers are absolutely on the same page.
- Do not go haywire in terms of acquiring wrong, convoluted references.
- Jot down each piece of evidence and numeric and bring them into play while preparing the final draft.
Q.3. What are some examples of quantitative data?
Here are some examples of quantitative data.
- Number of weeks in a year
- Height in inches or feet
- Length in centimeters
- Distance in kilometers
- Weight in kilograms
- Age in years or months
- Revenue in dollars
Q.4. How do I develop a quantitative research topic?
Here is how you can develop a quantitative research topic successfully.
- Lay complete focus on the topic.
- See if the subject matter aligns with your area of research.
- See or at least anticipate an approximate count of numeric, data and stats you can rope in.
- See if the topic allows you to maintain a fine balance between narrow and broad research avenues.
Voila! You are good to go.
Q.5. What are the seven types of quantitative research?
Here are the seven types of quantitative research.
- Casual Comparative Research
- Cross Sectional Survey
- Sampling Methods
- Commercial Information
- Educational Institutes
- Government Resources
- Internet Data
Q.6. What are the steps of quantitative research?
Here are the steps of quantitative research.
- 11 stages of quantitative research
- Research Design
- Operationalizing Concepts
- Research site selection
- Respondent selection
- Collection of Data
Q.7.What is the format of a quantitative research?
Here are the elements that encompass the format of a quantitative research.
- Aims of the Study/End Goals
- Literature Review
- Data Collection Methods
- Online Surveys and Polls
- Depiction in numerical form
- Methods of Data Analysis
Q.8. What are the seven characteristics of quantitative research methods?
Here are the seven characteristics of quantitative research methods.
- Include measurable variables
- Usage of standardized research instruments
- Assumption of a normal population distribution
- Presentation of data in figures, graphs or table
- Usage of repeatable methods
- Prediction of outcomes
- Usage of measuring devices
Q.9. How to conclude a quantitative research paper?
Here’s how you should conclude a quantitative research paper with precision.
- Restate the thesis or the introductory notes.
- Summarize the paper by establishing a strong correlation between the thesis and the main body paragraphs.
- Suggest alternative research ideas and avenues for your readers to explore down the road.
- Add a few takeaways as well, in the form of bullet points.
- Refrain from introducing newer perspectives in the concluding part.
Q.10. What is the purpose and importance of conducting quantitative research?
Researchers across the globe conduct quantitative research in order to observe and evaluate certain events, situations and phenomenon based on numbers, statistics and data patterns. Quantitative research and analysis produce objective data that can communicated and clearly put across with the help of numbers and statistics.
Other Useful Essay Examples For Student:
View our blogs today and get a chance to witness our quality standard
Are you about to start writing an argumentative essay? Don’t know where to begin? There’s no need to worry. Even if you don’t know... read more
The entire objective of argumentative essays is to take a stance for or against a topic and share views supported with proper evidence. So, when ... read more
How to write an essay is indeed a very common question now. Writing an essay needs a lot of things to be kept in mind. Many of the students think that... read more
In your quest to prepare a perfect essay, you may have often thought about a number of ways you can adapt to enhance your writing. Now, following acad... read more
You’ve done at least a couple of writing courses in a day and finished writing your share of essays. When you think you have written every possi... read more
Hurry and fill the order form