Research Topics Examples for High School Students
“Beginning’s always the hardest.” Don’t you agree? Take research paper writing for instance. It might be one of the most difficult exercises in the academic curriculum. But what’s truly challenging about the task is choosing a topic that grabs the readers’ attention almost instantly. Apparently, half the battle is won when you pick a compelling topic for your research project.
Interestingly, professional writers take several measures to find the perfect topic for a research paper. If you are struggling to find an impressive research topic, you can use those measures. Here are some of those measures that a researcher must take while choosing a topic.
- Brainstorm for ideas:
Brainstorming can be an effective way to generate topic ideas for a research project. If you haven't tried that before, here's how you should proceed:
- Set an end goal for the brainstorming session.
- Ask other people to join you in the sessions.
- Note down all the ideas that are buzzing in your head. Ask others to do the same.
- Try drawing a map of your ideas in the form of a flowchart.
- Analyze the ideas and shortlist the ones that have potential.
Brainstorming sessions usually take about an hour. However, you can shorten the duration of the session as long as the goal is fulfilled. Once you have the list of potential ideas, it is time to narrow down the list.
- Pick a topic that interests you:
It is best if you pick a topic that genuinely interests you. Shortlist the ideas that fall under the textbook chapters you like. When you choose a topic from those chapters, you find a genuine interest in solving the task.
Imagine you are asked to do a research project on history. Now, there are plenty of chapters in your history textbook that you can explore. Find what interests you the most. Is it Islamic civilization, securitization, world wars, the United Nations, Arabic solidarity, the new world order or anything else? See which of your shortlisted ideas fall under your favorite history chapter, and then proceed.
- Find out what the instructor wants:
Most high schools in the UAE let the students choose their topic for a research paper. However, the topic needs to be relevant to the curriculum. Also, don’t forget to get the opinion of your instructor while choosing a topic.
When it comes to writing – be it for academic purposes or a commercial objective, you need to consider what the readers want. In this case, your instructor is the primary reader of your research paper. So, try to consider his preferences while choosing the final research topic.
- Select the topics on which significant data is available:
Lastly, you need to ensure there’s enough information available on the topic you are choosing. If you ultimately choose a topic that does not offer enough research material, all your efforts will go in vain.
It is wiser to run a thorough search on the shortlisted topics across the academic databases for reliable data. If the platforms like Google Scholar and Microsoft Academic do not offer a significant amount of data on the topic, it is better to proceed with the next topic.
In a nutshell, you need to follow this Venn diagram while choosing a topic:
These tricks can help you find a perfect topic for your research paper. However, if you cannot spare enough time to perform these aforementioned measures, don't worry. We have enlisted 50 thought-provoking research topic ideas that you can use for reference.
- How was fiction used as an instrument of propaganda in the 20th century?
- The depiction of racism in novels published during the 1960s and 1970s.
- An analysis of the female characters in Harper Lee’s “To Kill a Mockingbird.”
- The use of allegory in Ice-candy Man (or any other novel you have read).
- The depiction of Islamic civilization in English literature during the 1950s – 2000s.
- The impact of World War II on the middle-eastern countries.
- Analyzing the role of Genghis Khan in the history of Central Asia.
- Evaluation of the Indus Valley civilization and its architecture.
- The significance of the cold war in world history.
- Is slavery the reason behind the development of the western part of the world?
- How is technological advancement transforming the education sector?
- A comparative analysis of urban education and rural education.
- Is self-regulated schooling efficient for the students?
- Analyze the recent efforts taken by the UN to achieve education-for-all.
- Discuss the significance of multilingual education.
- The influence of American culture on the rest of the world.
- Explore and analyze the roots of racial discrimination.
- The impact of pop-culture trends on today’s youth.
- The cultural revolutions in the Islamic countries throughout history.
- Why the Victorian Period is considered to be the time for a cultural change?
- How will nanotechnology impact modern science?
- Is it too hazardous to use nuclear energy?
- Is it possible to reverse the effects of global warming?
- Space exploration is the key to the next stage of human evolution – explain.
- Everything that happens has an explanation in science – explain with a case study.
- Does the use of cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin help protect identity theft?
- How has technology transformed lifestyle in the past couple of decades?
- Should we be scared of artificial intelligence?
- Is it possible to build a functional Iron-Man suit in real life?
- Is technology making us lazy?
- Why does the flu virus change from year to year?
- An analysis of different types of stem cells and their usage.
- The impact of various sleep disorders on the overall health
- Should image scan radiation be reduced to a minimum level?
- A comparative analysis between the conventional and alternative treatments of cancer.
- Brexit: How does it impact world politics?
- The impact of VAT implementation on the political scenario of the UAE
- Should there be stricter gun control laws in the country?
- How does the United Nations plan to solve world hunger?
- Do refugees pose any threat to the host country?
- Evaluate the modern social ideals on the basis of public behavior standards.
- Do team sports improve social abilities?
- A comparative analysis of sociological laws in different historical eras.
- The influence of personality on public development and progress.
- Is it possible to achieve equality in society? Explain.
- The impact of the environment on people's health.
- Should there be stricter laws to protect our environment?
- Evaluate the drastic climate change that happened in the last three decades.
- How does global warming impact wildlife?
- How can recycling help to make the world a better place?
Hopefully, these topic suggestions will provide you with the support you are looking for. However, if you need more assistance in research paper writing, you can find it at Allessaywriter.com.
Receive unmatched research paper writing support from the experts of Allessaywriter.com
Are you struggling to prepare an impressive research paper all by yourself? Get started with Allessaywriter.com and get personalized research paper help from the experts. Allessaywriter.com is the leading academic solution provider in the UAE. And for the last few years, this company has helped thousands of students achieve their academic goals.
Here, you can avail of research paper help across 100+ subject areas and disciplines. The team has more than 1,500 qualified experts who are extremely brilliant in solving all kinds of research papers. Interestingly, these experts also serve students across all the academic levels, including Ph.D. scholars. Not just that. You can also get the following benefits when you get essay writing services from Allessaywriter.com.
- Top-notch content with zero errors
- Completed adherence to guidelines and instructions
- Guarantee of plagiarism-free support
- On-time delivery of all orders
- Most affordable service in the market
- Assurance of 100% confidentiality
- Free rework on unfulfilled orders
- 24x7 active helpline number for round-the-clock support
Notably, the experts at Allessaywriter.com can offer partial assistance in selecting an impressive topic, drafting the methodology for the paper, and proofreading it as per the requirements. So why are you waiting? Place an order now and enjoy seamless research paper writing support from the experts.